Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Transition to Fall: Shorts (Part 2)

I'm back with the second installment of how to transition your summery shorts in to your fall wardrobe.
Read the first part here!

So besides adding tights or a button-down shirt, what else makes shorts work for fall? You know, besides having outside temperatures in the '60s-'80s of course...

3) Add chunky knitwear.
I love the juxtaposition of fabrics and textures when I wear sweaters with shorts. This classic loose-knit sweater goes with practically everything in my closet, but pairing it with these linen-blend shorts mixes things up a bit!

OUTFIT DETAILS: 
Sweater // JCrew Factory (Summer 2014)
Shorts // Old Navy (Spring 2012)
Shoes // Minnetonka, from TJMaxx
Necklace // World Market
Bag // Nine West, from TJMaxx

4) Go grunge with a flannel shirt. 
Ah, flannel. 14-year-old me would be so proud it's now worked its way back in to my adult wardrobe. A flannel shirt can be dressed up or down - I've paired it here with a tee in a contrasting color and pattern and some comfy, worn denim shorts. This would be a perfect outfit to wear while hanging out with friends, roasting marshmallows around a fire pit on a cool fall evening. 



OUTFIT DETAILS: 
Flannel shirt // Target (Winter 2012)
T-shirt // Target (Summer 2014)
Denim shorts // Gap (Summer 2012)
Suede boots // Gap (Spring 2012)
Camera necklace // assembled by me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by Freeborboleta